Find a House is a real estate brokerage firm. The purpose of Find a House is to mediate in supply and demand of rental properties and / or to manage them during a rental period. To this end, Find a House collects and distributes personal data from you, as (potential) (relation of) tenant, or landlord. Personal data is collected via the websites, special applications, by telephone, by e-mail and via hard copy forms, agreements and reports.
Type of data
We process the following data:
|First Name||IP address||Pay slip | annual figures|
|Last name||Employer||Bank details|
|Date of birth||Income||Employer's statement|
|Address||Type of employment contract||Lease agreement|
|phone number||Number of residents||Inspection report|
Purposes of the processing
We use your data for the following purposes:
- Maintaining contact with (potential) (family members of) tenants to find rental houses that meet their wishes and possibilities;
- Maintaining contact with (potential) landlords to find tenants who are suitable for occupying the real estate offered for rent;
- Conducting investigations into the potential tenant or landlord to prevent criminal or otherwise cross-border activities. We do this in the context of our duty of care and to comply with legal and local regulations;
- Establishing a lease between tenant and landlord;
- Managing real estate on behalf of the owner;
- Managing the ongoing relationship with the tenant of the real estate;
- Keeping financial administration regarding rental fees, fees, maintenance costs, etc .;
- Maintaining contact with all relations to carry out marketing activities, this is done via email (newsletters) or social media.
Who has access to your data?
All Find a House employees can view and change the general data of the (potential) (relations of) tenants and landlords.
Employees with a financial authorization can view the financial data.
Employees with a specific authorization can view the sensitive personal data (such as ID).
We only share personal data with third parties if this is necessary for the purposes described above or if there is a valid reason or legal obligation to share the data. This could include, for example, identity verification, capacity testing, or the scheduling of maintenance appointments by maintenance technicians.
Provision of personal data to third parties
Find a House provides your personal data to third parties, if necessary in the context of its services. Find a House ensures that written agreements are made with these third parties that guarantee the protection and security of your personal data as much as possible.
- Potential (relations of) tenants: the data is stored for up to one year after the last contact.
- (Relationships of) tenants: the data is kept for up to one year after the end of the lease. If Find a House only mediates with regard to the lease, you must inform us yourself about the end of the lease.
- (Relationships of) landlords: the data is kept for one year after the mediation agreement or for one year after the end of the lease. If Find a House only mediates with regard to the lease, you must inform us yourself about the end of the lease.
- We do not store any other personal data longer than necessary for the purpose for which we collected it. If legislation or case law prescribes different retention periods for certain data, we will follow those periods.
Cookies, or comparable techniques, that we use
Find a House protects the privacy of its relations by:
- secure the systems in which the data is stored;
- All local equipment is secured where possible by access codes,
passwords and / or encryption;
- to properly instruct all employees about the rules and guidelines with regard to your privacy.
Your privacy rights
You have the right to inspect, correct or delete your personal data. You can also object to the use of your data. You have the right to file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority.